Cake designs are the result of the information given to Celebration Cakes by the customer. The interpretation of customers’ bespoke requirements and amends to the design, are approved by the customer via email during the booking process.
Celebration Cakes will do its best to match any colour requests for icing but we cannot guarantee an exact Pantone match as colours present differently in different materials. We aim for a perfect match but this is not always possible.
Celebration Cakes will do their utmost to copy pictures sent to create your cake, as accurately as possible. However, in some cases, items may vary if pictures sent are not clear, sent via mobile apps. All photos must be sent via email.
Allergies & Special Dietary Requirements
All allergy and dietary requirements should be conveyed by the customer during the initial enquiry with Celebration Cakes, and confirmed via email.We are unable to send ingredients information out to customers by post.
- Unless otherwise specified all Celebration Cakes contain butter, gluten (wheat) and eggs and are made in an environment which handles nuts, soya and alcohol. Nut-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and alcohol-free cakes can be made on request but we cannot guarantee that these cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production.
- Celebration Cakes accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make Celebration Cakes aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their cake.
- We cannot guarantee that the fruit used to make our jams and marmalades is 100% stone-free, as pips and stones can be missed in rare circumstances in the manufacturing process.
* It is the customers responsibility to check the flavour/type of cake ordered is to their taste. You must specify on ordering should you wish to have a specific cake made by us. ie, our lemon drizzle is a sponge cake, our chocolate cake is a rich chocolate cake with a choice of fillings. When ordering, unless otherwise specified, cakes baked will be those on the 'About Us' page.
Consultation and Tasting
Samples can be requested if you are unsure of which flavour to choose. Samples for Celebration cakes are £10.00, and contain a choice of 5 flavours. However, every cake is handmade to order using fresh and natural ingredients and on rare occasions slight variations may occur as a result of this. Tasters are baked at the end of each month, and must be pre-ordered.
For Wedding cake samples, the charge is still £10.00. However, this is taken into account should you book your wedding cake with us, and your final bill will reflect this charge.
Payment and deposits
- Customers will receive written quotes with a clear breakdown of the cake flavour, shape and design.
- A deposit of £20 is required to confirm your order for Celebration Cakes, £50 for Wedding Cakes.
- Cake deposits are non-refundable, and non-transferable. Please refer to the section regarding cancellations for more details.
- The final payment of the balance is due, for Celebration Cakes on collection of your cake, by cash only.(During the COVID pandemic, payment is via bank transfer) For Wedding Cakes 4 weeks prior to your Wedding Reception date. Payment can be made earlier if you wish.
- Failure to complete payment as highlighted above, may result in your cake order being cancelled.
* Personal tastes and preferences must be discussed prior to confirming your order. Your order is classed as confirmed once your deposit is paid.
- Any alterations you wish to make to your confirmed, ordered cake design must be requested via email to [email protected] We cannot guarantee that we will be able to make alterations to cakes requested within a week of Collection/Delivery, or during busy periods.
If an alteration affects the cost, your balance will be adjusted accordingly. Any changes will be agreed via e-mail.
* Celebration Cakes cake flavours are clearly shown on the website. When you receive your cake details via email, it is your responsibility to check you have chosen the correct flavour. All alterations will be confirmed by email,and must be confirmed within 1 week of your email.
- Cancellation by the customer: If the order is cancelled, your deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.Payment is required for any and all expenses already incurred on behalf of the finished product.
- For Wedding cakes, if you cancel within 6 months of the date 50% of the full payment will be invoiced. Cancellation within 3 months of the date 75% of the full payment will be invoiced.This is to cover monies lost as Celebration Cakes & Sugarcraft will have turned away other business to fulfill your order. Should you cancel your wedding cake within 1 month of your event, full payment will be retained.
- Cancellation by Celebration Cakes & Sugarcraft: In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your order for any reason, we will give you as much notice as possible. If we can not offer a suitable alternative, a full refund of monies paid will be made.
- Cake stand deposits are refundable upon the safe return of the cake stand to Celebration Cakes.
- Celebration Cakes offers the option for customers to collect their cake free of charge. Not all cakes are suitable for collection so please ask for more detailed information.
* Upon collection of your cake, you will be shown the cake for your approval, have any allergens pointed out,non-edible parts highlighted and you will be required to sign regarding allergens and our T's & C's.
- Celebration Cakes accepts no liability for self-assembly cakes which are not assembled properly or are damaged during assembly or transportation by yourself.
- Please note – wedding cakes can be very heavy and large and the components may come in several boxes. They may not be suitable for transporting via public transport.
* Your cake will be carried to your vehicle by ourselves, enabling you to open your boot. All cakes must be transported in the boot of your vehicle. No responsibility can be accepted if you chose to transport it on a seat, footwell or someones knee, should it then be damaged once it has left our premises, in transit, or in set up.
- Celebration Cakes accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location.
- For cakes delivered to wedding venues, Celebration Cakes will provide a photograph as proof to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition. Cakes picked up from Celebration Cakes are checked by myself and checked by the customer on collection. The customer consents that it has been collected in perfect condition by accepting the cake and removing it from our Kitchen. Damages after this point are not Celebration Cakes responsibility.
- All Cakes are fragile and require care and attention when handling, storing and displaying to prevent damage occurring.
- Please take care when displaying your cake at your Celebration venue to avoid direct sunlight, spotlights or candles creating damage to the cake decorations. Hand-painted cakes are especially vulnerable to heat and light damage. All Celebration Cakes cake's are designed to withstand normal and reasonable display conditions. Special requirements regarding display suitability will be discussed during the booking process. Celebration Cakes accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged during travel to/display at your celebration event.
* In the unlikely event you arrive to collect your cake and it does not meet your expectations,please ensure you make this known at the time of collecting/receiving your cake. This gives us the opportunity to correct any problems. We are not responsible for mistakes made by the customer ie. incorrect/misspelled names or incorrect choice of cake.The deposit is non-refundable.
* If you are still not happy with your cake, a credit note will be issued (no cash/money refunds will be given) If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. We will not negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. We cannot address issues where the cake has been cut or served.
* Cake flavour and texture is subjective.Refunds requested due to flavour or texture after the cake has been accepted and collected/delivered will not be honored.